students & social impact
Make Food. Make Money. Make Friends. Make an Impact.
Ours is a social impact mobile app that envisions college/university students cooking affordable homemade meals for other students, while sharing their cultures, cuisines and stories...building friendships and community in the process.
To find college student cooks in your area, use the "Filter" button at the top of the "Find Cooks" screen.
1. We fund edible food gardens on college/university campuses
2. We help students (with basic cooking skills) earn extra money through fun, flexible cooking gigs they perform for other students
3. We give students access to homemade meals prepared for them by other students
4. We seek to make meals affordable: no tip, no tax, no service charge, no delivery fee
5. We celebrate cultural diversity through world cuisines, stories and dining rituals
6. We help students meet other students in-person and form friendships and community
7. We seek to inspire, empower and engage students to become changemakers in transforming their own campuses into sustainable food environments
8. We seek to help students create memorable and meaningful dining experiences
9. We seek to help students come out of social isolation and loneliness by having a built-in excuse to reach out to other students over a food experience
10. We seek to foster food sustainability and food security for students within the US
Each time college/university students engage with one another through our app, Bites Philanthropies Inc. donates all this app's own profits associated with that dining experience back to the students' campus for the purpose of funding edible food gardens on campus - in an effort to transform campuses across the US into sustainable food environments that benefit students.
All dining experiences: no tip, no tax, no service charge & no delivery fees.
Any minimum charge that may be reflected on a cook's profile is NOT indicating the cost of a single meal or a single dish. The ACTUAL cost of all in-home dining experiences will be mutually determined by the student "eater" and the student "cook". As in-home dining experiences with a student cook are intended to be communal dining experiences (thus, we say "eat with your tribe"), where you are encouraged to invite friends, classmates, roommates, housemates, family or close neighbors to join you in culturally immersive food experiences that celebrate cultures and cuisines and weave in storytelling, any minimum charge will reflect the minimum total bill for all guests.
TEACHERS IN K-12 SCHOOLS:
Our social impact mobile app envisions teachers in K-12 schools using our app to offer their students interactive classroom lunch experiences via chefs/homecooks who engage students in aspects of preparing a meal...bringing food literacy into schools.
Each time a K-12 teacher brings a chef/homecook into her/his classroom for an interactive classroom lunch experience, Bites Philanthropies Inc. donates all this app's own profits associated with that interactive classroom lunch back to that school for the purpose of funding edible & educational food gardens on school grounds - in an effort to transform K-12 schools into sustainable food environments that benefit students.
To find chefs/homecooks who offer interactive classroom lunch experiences, use the "Filter" button at the top of the "Find Cooks" screen.
To see our manifesto, go here.
For helpful guidance about use of our app, go here.
For our website homepage, go here.